Sports Performance Internship
Reach Your Potential Training (RYPT) of New Jersey offers full-time sports performance internships.
- Instruction and execution of safe weight room and movement techniques for middle school, high school, and college athletes
- Active group coaching, totaling between 20-25 hours per week
- Set-up and breakdown of weight room and movement area equipment
- Assistance with facility marketing, advertising and sports performance program logistics including data tracking, new athlete assessments and social media presence
- Participation in local marketing and community events
- Successful completion of an internship academic curriculum
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Sports Performance Staff
Applicants must have a strong work ethic and desire to become a strength and conditioning professional in the collegiate, professional, or private setting. Ideal candidates should be enrolled in or recently graduated from an Exercise Science undergraduate/graduate program and should be certified in CPR/AED/First Aid and working towards certification from any of the following organizations: NSCA, CSCCa, USAW, ACSM, or NASM. Previous internship experience in strength and conditioning is strongly encouraged.
Interns will receive course credit towards graduation (if applicable) and valuable strength and conditioning experience with former collegiate and professional strength and conditioning coaches. This is an unpaid, volunteer internship.
Applications require a cover letter, resume/reference list AND link(s) to a digital video of yourself coaching a person performing two primary strength training movements.
(subject to modification if needed per department or intern):
- Winter: Nov. 28, 2022 to Mar. 3, 2023
*Application Deadline Nov. 11, 2022
- Spring: Feb. 27 to Jun. 2, 2023
*Application Deadline Feb. 10, 2023
- Summer: May. 15 to Aug. 11, 2023
*Application Deadline Apr. 28, 2023
- Fall: Sep. 5 to Dec. 1, 2023
*Application Deadline Aug 18, 2023
Fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you soon.